Coconut Rice Recipe
Click here to enlarge
Cuisine Style: Tamilnadu, Cooking Time: 45 minutes, To Serve: 4, Take with: any side dish,
Type: Lunch or Dinner
- Rice -2 cups
- Water- 4 cups
- Grated Coconut-1 cups
- Coconut Milk- 2 cups
- Mustard seeds- 2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Bengal Gram-1 tbsp
- Green chillies-3 slit
- Ginger- 1 inch smashed
- Cashew Nuts-1/4 cup
- Ground Nuts--1/4 cup
- urry leaves-few
- Oil-1 Tbsp
- salt- 1 tsp
- Boil the rice in less water, spread over the plate to cool.
- Dry roast pepper, grind and keep it aside.
- Heat pan, pour oil and put mustard seed and let it splutter.
- Then add Bengal gram, urad dall, green chillis, turumeric powder, roasted ground nuts ginger and curry leaves one by one.
- Fry untill raw the smell goes off.
- Now mix the lemon juice, stir all together for 2 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Mix the cooked rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and Gingely oil
- Without coconut milk, cashew and ground nuts this recipe can be prepared.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of lemon to get different flavour.
How this Coconut Rice recipe is Unique?
- Boiling the rice with coconut brings the rich aroma of coconut.