Cuisine Style: Tamilnadu | Cooking & Processing: 2 days | Type: Special
- Sambar Onion (Small Onion): 1/4 Kg
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Bengal gram: 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- Fenugreek: 1 tbs
- Garlic: 2 bulbs
- Castor oil (This keeps this vadagam for a long time and brings taste to it): 25 ml
Preparation (Method 1)
- In a Manual grinder (Tamil: aatukkal) smash all together with a rice stamper (Tamil: Ulakkai). Make sure that you are not making into fine powder.
- Then keep this in a mud pot (Tamil: Paanai) with lid closed. Instead of lid you could use white cloth to cover up the pot neck. Keep this for 2 days without sunlight but good ventilation.
- Then pour into a reca beetal nut leaves (Tamil: Pakku mattai) and expose to sunlight for 2 days
- Then make into small balls.
- Preserve this in a glass jar.
- Use it for all type of seasoning for Sambar, Kuzhambu Dal fry etc
Preparation (Method 2)
- Put all ingredients together in a mixer grinder and grind, Keep it in a glass jar for 2 days then spread onto a white cloth and expose to sunlight. Preserve this in a glass jar.
You may also like these recipes
Corn Green Peas Tikki
Mix green peas, sweet corn, green chilli & ginger paste, sugar, salt, finely...
Read More >>
Soak Black-eyed beans overnight and boil it in pressure cook. Cut white pumpkin...
Read More >>